Friday, November 20, 2015

A Cow Literally Fell Over a Table of Rummikub Players

source: haberciler.com
Rummikub or Okey is one of the most popular games in Turkey. You play it with 4 people, and you use boards and tiles. I won't get into the details of the game, but I want you to imagine a picture. Imagine a group of friends playing this game at a local cafe (Turkish people loves to hang out at those cafes, and they usually name it as "kahve" or "kahvehane"). 4 people are playing, and there are some audience on the side sipping their turkish tea and having a conversation with others. All of a sudden, a cow appears on top of their heads!? Come on!!!

Here is the translation of the article from the newsletter (July 2001):

"A COW DROPPED OVER THE OKEY TABLE

An incident that could only happen in Turkey has once happened at Avanos, a town of Nevsehir. A cow fell over the people who play Okey at the cafe of Ozkonak, a village of the same town. While the players are shocked with the incident, a 62 years old guy whose name is Ethem Sahin, has his right foot broken and head injured.

...WHEN I TURNED BACK, I SAW THE COW OVER ETHEM'S HEAD"

I have couple theories how that cow got there at the first place, but I want to save my wild imagination to myself:) Yes, I admit, we are a weird country backed up with funny incidents, but that's what makes living in Turkey fun, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment